Wednesday, November 19, 2008

assignment 5b

For this assignment I chose a simple picture of Camila O'Gorman in which you can see her being blindfolded and carried to her execution. It is a simple black and white drawing. It appears to be hand sketched.
In this piece of artwork I see sadness. It is about being socially acceptable and because she fell in love with the wrong guy she is being punished by loosing her life and the life of her unborn child.
I chose this particular piece of artwok because I could not find alot of art including her. I did find movies but I wanted to choose something that everyone could see. if you would like to know more about a movie that was made about her life you can go to:
http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/s/a/sam50/cinergia/mf/camila.htm#Section%201:%20Pre-screening this was an interesting site that I found which talks about different clips from the movie that was made about her life.

I know that she had eloped with her family priest and she was 8 months pregnant when she was executed.
Why did they consider her baby to be illegitimate when she had run off and eloped?
Why was it not ok for her to be with the man that she fell in love with?
Was it against the law for her to fall in love with a priest?






http://www.executedtoday.com/images/Camila_OGorman_carried_to_execution.jpg

No comments: